Monday, March 7, 2011

I am safe (saying I am fine wouldn't really be appropriate), my family and I have been so blessed in both of the large earthquakes that have shook Christchurch. We always had power and water, our house is not destroyed. The area I live in is relatively free of damage and reminders of the heartbreaking disaster that has occurred.

It almost makes it worse, to live somewhere where it looks so peaceful, so normal. You can't escape the footage on the news, which for the first week my face was glued too, tears streaming down my face. I feel like my home is not my home anymore. People are trying to stay positive and looking towards rebuilding and restarting. It will probably take years until we are in any way back to normal. However our city will never look the same again, and feeling safe seems like a far off dream.

Thanks to those who have shown concern and support.

4 comments:

Cindy @ www.renounednest.com said...

Although you're suffering from a bit of survivors guilt, you should feel peace in knowing that you and your family were perhaps spared so you an be an affective part of the rebuilding of the lives of your friends and neighbors as well as your city. I'm sure you are a strong person and will be able to touch lives through this tragedy, in a very special way. Blessings to you, my new blog friend.

Bronnie said...

hey missy! it's been forever! glad to hear you're all OK! I'm in Auckland so have missed most of the action so far. Have had friends and rellies down there, one death (a friend's cousin).

Keep positive xx

Richard Marx said...

 Great post! That was interesting.I like your quality that you put into your post.Please do continue with more like this.

- Marx of web design

Dragonflyalezia said...

Hi Dragonfly,Glitter kisses Xxo/Love MokerskyDragonfly.blogspot.com