Sunday, November 15, 2009

Little European girl

Thanks guys for the all the positive comments on Kevin's Movember's efforts - I'll let you know how he goes at the end of the month - remember if you want to donate to him the details are in this post. On to today's post!

After seeing some bloggers rock the Dirndl I have been lusting after one myself. I love the folky details, and being part German it also appeals to have something fashionable and culturally relevant to me.
I discovered Bows & Bandits and have been drooling over their selection of authentic vintage Austrian dresses and trying to decided if I can afford to buy one (their prices are in Euros and the conversion rate makes it pretty pricey for me!). However before we get to that point I have to decide which dress I want to buy!


I'm leaning towards this brown and mustard number I love the little chain details, the zip up bust, and the wide panels of embroidery.


My second favorite is the blue green with pink embroidery.


My third choice is this blue and orange one - I love the colour combination. Although it looks like doesn't have as low a cut front as the rest, so you wouldn't get the shirt peeking out the front effect as much.


What do you think of the Dirndl? What your favorite?

16 comments:

Bambola said...

I love them! They're gorgeous & so quaint! I really like the first one, I think it would look great on you.

<3 xx

Piglet said...

I'm torn between the first and second options. Such lovely colours!

Crumble said...

The first one looks a lot more traditional if that is what you are going for but the second one looks very awesomesauce. They are booth sweetbix but I would chose the first one :) Hope this helps!

Katie said...

I love the mustard coloured dress! x

ana b. said...

OMG. Austrian dirndl dresses. YES YES YES. I'm having a Sound of Music moment.

knalleffekt said...

hihi, for me as a german i like them ;-) cool post.

Sarah-Rose said...

Ahh ... I love Dirndl style dresses and if I ever make it to Oktoberfest in Germany then I will definitely be purchasing one to wear myself!
That being said, I love the first colour combination, but I have a soft spot for Mustard yellow. And the second one is pretty adorable too.

Bronnie said...

ooooo pretty!! I vote for the first one, it's gorgeous :)

Chopstick said...

definitely the sunshiney yellow one for me! it's super cute and flowy and would look fabulous with a little bolero and GIANT HAT. and NO SHOES. just bare feet. digging into the wet sand. yes. :) And thank you for introducing me to bows and bandits!!!

Charlotte Drene said...

Oh I love, love, LOVE the second dress! They're all pretty boss...
But boy is that second one good looking!

Aya Smith said...

What adorable dresses! I love the folksy appeal to them... I never would have guessed I would be into that, but now I feel that I am! :D

Raez said...

really really cool dresses:) i am loving the colours a lot too!

xx raez

Corrine/Frock And Roll said...

Oh my goodness, I love them all! I've been staring for the past five minutes trying to determine which one is my favourite, but I can't! I would PROBABLY opt for the secone one because I love the colour combination, but they're all fantastic! If you purchase one, be sure to let us know which colour you selected! :)

Bug said...

I have been wanting to wear a dress like those. I have found a few vintage ones from the 70's lately but none of them fit! These are super cute, will have to check them out further.

http://inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

idée_géniale said...

Blue, blue blue! hands down. I love it best.

Thanks for following my blog!

yiqin; said...

I love the shape of the last one <3