Monday, November 30, 2009
I hope that with the new year I can shake off this lethargy.
Hopefully I will be able to blog a bit more now that I finally got my hot little hands on my netbook! I have been waiting patiently for this to go down in price and investigating models, at the end I got a bit distracted by a flirty new HP model, but I held strong! It is a very generous Christmas/Birthday present from my parents (since the two are so close for me)
So now I am typing away at this from bed on my Acer aspire one, which is tiny and I love. Hopefully this will mean that my laziness of not wanting to go to the PC to blog will no longer be an excuse.
Thanks for all the positive feedback about the drindls on the last post - most of you seem to be favouring the mustard colour one, if I have the money and it's still available I may just have to get myself another present.
Here's what I can't get out of my head at the moment. Sometimes a silly fun song that makes you want to dance is just the thing. Plus Katy Perry and the 3oh3 boys - perfect mix.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
After seeing some bloggers rock the Dirndl I have been lusting after one myself. I love the folky details, and being part German it also appeals to have something fashionable and culturally relevant to me.
I discovered Bows & Bandits and have been drooling over their selection of authentic vintage Austrian dresses and trying to decided if I can afford to buy one (their prices are in Euros and the conversion rate makes it pretty pricey for me!). However before we get to that point I have to decide which dress I want to buy!
I'm leaning towards this brown and mustard number I love the little chain details, the zip up bust, and the wide panels of embroidery.
My second favorite is the blue green with pink embroidery.
My third choice is this blue and orange one - I love the colour combination. Although it looks like doesn't have as low a cut front as the rest, so you wouldn't get the shirt peeking out the front effect as much.
What do you think of the Dirndl? What your favorite?
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
That's all for now!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
- I don't drive. I only have my learner's permit. I don't have particular aversion, just have never gotten around to it. Although it's quite necessary for me to get my licence this summer.
- I like bananas, but can't stand bananas in cooking, such as banana cake or banana smoothies. It's weird, I'll eat a banana but the flavor in something else is just wrong to me.
- I have to have the volume on electronic things turned to even numbers, otherwise it's REALLY ANNOYING
- I'm really bad at thinking up random facts about myself...
- I only owned one pair of high heels until I was about 19 (bought when I was about 16 for my high school ball), and then I went a bit crazy....
- Years of having to hide the fact I was wearing makeup from my mother actually means that now I'm really good at a natural look.
- I'm not going to tag anyone specific for this - if you want to do it go ahead - let me know in the comments!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
I have been lusting after the Jeffrey Campbell Potion buckle wedge boots after seeing them on many other blogger feet and finally have ordered them. Basically a knock off of the Chloe Sevigny for Open Ceremoy Boots, but at a fraction of the price, they are gorgeous and just what I have been looking for. When they'll arrived is a bit of a mystery, as I've preordered them as they intial run sold out everywhere. Hopefully soon though!
I know sometimes seems a bit ridiculous to get this excited about shoes, but with the hellish time I've been having sometimes it's the little things that make you smile.