Monday, August 24, 2009

I was awarded the Kreative Blogger a while ago by the Lovely Lauren (go the alliteration) of This Little Piggie went to Market - Incidentally this is not the only this I have received from her of late - but you will have to wait to hear about that!
This being only my second award ever, it's still a novelty to me and was lovely to receive, but sorry I took so long to get round to it!


About the Kreativ Blogger Award

Nominee Rules:

• Thank the person who nominated you for the award

• Copy the logo and place it on your blog

• Link to the person who nominated you for this award

• List seven things about yourself that people might find interesting

• Nominate and post links to the seven Kreativ Bloggers you nominate

• Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated

Okay so here goes:

  1. I don't know if I've ever mentioned in on the blog, but I am half Singaporean Chinese and Half German which is an odd mix, most people don't guess at my Asian heritage, but my sisters take more after that side.
  2. I hate my feet - I inherited awful feet from my mother, bunions are not pretty so I don't like showing them ugh...I think this makes me prejudice about feet in general.
  3. I have a secret obsession with bad reality t.v shows - the bachelor, top model, project runway, survivor you name it. Once I'm hooked I can't stop watching and I'm deeply ashamed of this....
  4. My one party trick is that I can bend my thumb back on one hand to touch my wrist - the back side not the palm side (on the one hand only though - I bashed the hand into a wall once and could do it ever since). This tends to gross people out. You might need a video demonstration to fully appreciate this one, you might get one if you lucky enough....
  5. I really like pickles...just by themselves..my boyfriend finds this really strange.
  6. I used to play the violin on the account of my freakishly long and spindly fingers, but I never practiced and got bored easily but kind of regret not giving it a proper go.
  7. I like slushi drinks - a lot, I used to go mad for them as a kid and still love them, I wish all drinks came in slushi form...when I am in a country with a 7/11 I get as much slurpee as I possibly can. I have a massive sweet tooth and I know its bad for me, plus it makes me feel like a child but I can't resit it!
For my nominees some very creative ladies in many different ways - I know many people have already got this so only do it if you want to!
  1. Annie of Annie Spandex
  2. Ms Constantine of Cupcakes and Mace
  3. Scribbles
  4. Rosina Lee
  5. Chickie Little of Eggshell Green
  6. Amber of History Books

5 comments:

Annie Spandex said...

Super sweet!! Thanks so much!! xox

Piglet said...

Yay, glad the parcel arrived so quickly!

haha, my brother can do that hand thing too. He always did it to me to freak me out!

Chickie Little said...

Ooh thanks :)

That's an interesting mix of cultures. Do you speak Chinese and German as well? That would be cool.

Scribbles said...

Thanks hun, have been meaning to comment - I am such a net slack ass at the moment. I would have never picked the singapore chinese, fascinating!

Emmy said...

congrats on the award! wow, your heritage is so interesting! singapore chinese....that's so cool!