Thursday, July 2, 2009

May have built them up a bit too much


After the comments I think maybe the earrings won't live up to the hype - it seems talking about something before you actually post the pictures may build some expectations - I hope your not disappointed. Any way I got my butt into gear and took some photos which were surprisingly hard to do, consider a)crystal glares from the flash, and b) I can't take photos without a flash to save my life, they come out all blurry...

Although it looks kind of cool - like they have a little light in them. Long story short, they were given to us at Christmas by my sister's fiance's sister in law (that was a mouthful) and are originally ornaments, now they are earrings. Although since they are crystal I am paranoid about dropping them on the floor and smashing them!

Also some more picture - from my recent dyeing adventures. I didn't get any from when i did my shorts but I was doing a dress today and got some in between shots, will show the finished product later.


Dye in ready to be mixed



Dye mixed - with a knife - a bit weird I know, but I needed it to open the dye tin, and then I used it to stir. Plus I thought the dye on the the knife looked pretty cool so snapped a pic of it. Now I'm going to go terrorize some children...

18 comments:

she will have her way said...

I really love those earrings, the star shape is perfect...i have crystal drop earrings and i love them to bits!

Piglet said...

The earrings are so cute!

I so want to try dying something, but and so scared of ruining it in the process.

Bug said...

What?? I think they are really cute. I love the idea that these were ornaments!

Eyeliah SS said...

no way, earrings are so super cute. You have been such a great commenter on my blog lately (yay) thanks so much!!!

ana b. said...

I've always thought about dyeing my oddly-coloured clothes. I hope you post a before and after pic of the dyed dress! I think purple's your favourite colour ;)

Annie Spandex said...

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Marie-Louise said...

love the earings- super cute

Bug said...

Thanks so much for the sweet comments - I had a great time, actually going to head back out, lol. Hope you had a great 4th!!

Nadine said...

I really like the earrings - they are so pretty :).

yiqin; said...

Star earrings! So cute.

Chickie Little said...

What a great idea by the way!
Wish I had some trinkets that I can turn into cool jewellery like that.

wiyono said...

information which you give is very good.. I like with your blog. ok... don't stop for continuous posting and don't forget to give some comments in my blog or follower.
want to be the best friend

Mandy said...

The earrings are stunning. You look great!

Inside the Cabinet of Wonder said...

i LOVE the name of your blog..it made me smile!
:)
those earrings are beautiful!

Angus said...

the earrings are great! Try taking pictures outside without a flash in daylight if you can, they'll work better than inside. They go blurry because the camera can't handle low light.

christina said...

Those earrings are so fun! I can see why you wouldn't want to drop them, it would be such a shame.

And I'm amazed at your dedication to dye jobs! Is it a lot of work to dye clothing?

asonlysheknows said...

those earrings are cute! they do look Christmassy (a word?) lol

crystal! woah, i'd be too scared to wear them out!!

oo can't wait to see the dyed dress! i have clothes i keep meaning to dye, but never get around to it - super slack!!
i'm sure the finished product looks good!

Clara said...

cute blog.

xx
http://naoqueropastiche.blogspot.com/