Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Going Natural

This is another long over due post. You've probably heard about the the lovely Scarlet Johansen appearing on the cover of French Elle make up less. Other celebrities appeared in the magazine sans makeup - beautiful ladies showing their natural beauty.

After the beautiful Eyeliah posted some gorgeous makeup-less pictures of herself and said how great it would be if others would take part as well.

Well here is my offering, me, without make up, in my most comfy clothes with a bit of a ridiculous look on my face.

[EDIT: I removed the photo not because I was ashamed but because because of the new anonymous nature of the blog. I didn't want to delete the whole post because I really like the sentiment of what I had written so I left it as is minus photo]

To tell you the truth, I don't wear make up daily at all, so this really wasn't too much of a challenge for me, taking a nice close up photo was more of an issue really. I usually only wear make up when going out for the night, because it's fun, and when I'm dressing up it makes it all a bit more glamorous and adds to my outfit.

When I think about it I've never really been complimented extra when I've been wearing makeup compared to when I'm not, so I don't really see make up as something that I need to be beautiful, but rather something that adds to an overall look - like an accessory, that's why I would wear bright eye shadow over something nude.

The only thing I have a real issue with - the bags under my eyes, I usually tend to cover those up, because because come up to me and ask me if I'm feeling alright...but that just means I need more sleep.

So in short, make up is fun, but I don't think that anyone should let us think that we need it to be beautiful - we're already beautiful just the way we are.

10 comments:

she will have her way said...

I wear makeup most days..mostly because I have worse skin now than when I was a teenager! But I mite do a post like this...maybe...
the outfit your wearing below is outstanding, one of the best I've seen you in, you have great taste in shoes!I'm having a giveaway, so enter if you would like to win some free stuff!

piglet said...

I rarely wear make up either, only really when on a night out.
But I hate close up photos because I have terrible terrible skin :(
(By the way you look lovely, congrats on having the guts to do a no make up close up!)

Bug said...

I wear makeup here and there. Its not my favorite thing at all.

Eyeliah SS said...

Yay! Thank you so much for participating!!!

Corrine/Frock And Roll said...

You're beautiful! :) I don't tend to wear a lot of make-up during the day, really just a bit of mineral foundation (to cover the dark circles) and some eyeliner and mascara.. kudos to you for posting a picture of yourself au natural, and for looking so gorgeous while doing it!

yiqin; said...

OMG I love your hair.

Sarah said...

'gosh, I just can't go out without makeup, I always look so ... tired and my skin is far from perfection! Unlike yours, which is beautiful! Lucky you are!!!

Sarah
http://lolitaofmoderntimes.blogspot.com/

Chickie Little said...

I tend to get really dark circles under my eyes so I wear makeup for work, and when there's an occasion to go to. I won't bother if I'm only going out shopping or to a friend's house.
The worst part about makeup is getting it off at the end of the day!

Nadine said...

Well - the ladies may have appearded without make up but I'm pretty sure the didn't appeared without photoshop :).

You look really nice - even with a clean face :).

ana b. said...

Gorgeous sentiment, hun. I like your point about seeing makeup as an accessory. I also have ridiculously huge bags under my eyes which I just genetic I think. Whenever I put concealer on it, I think it just looks ridic so I don't even bother covering it up!