Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

Or should the title really be Resolution? I don't generally make these, I find that I never keep them and also that having to make resolutions about your life only once a year seems pointless to me. If you want to change something, it shouldn't matter when it is, just because the new year brings to mind imagery of new beginnings and all that jazz, doesn't mean it's the only time to make decisions about how you want to live your life. Although I can see how it could be an appropriate time - that is me trying to appease those who disagree so I don't offend people who think of New Year's Resolutions as something akin to religious traditions.

So after all that I do have one that I made, just to jump on the bandwagon.
Be kinder to everyone, myself included. Because everyone needs a bit of kindness once in awhile.

Peace out my lovelies

5 comments:

ana b. said...

This is a perfect NY resolution. Just perfect ;)

Charlene said...

Thanks :) it's a lot harder than I thought though, I have little patience for fools...

a cat of impossible colour said...

It's a good one. :)

Would love to catch up soon - maybe in a couple of weeks? How's the new job going? :D

Premauflage said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
They aren't polka dots, they're actually little penguins! XD

I think there's something wrong with my layout that prevents the subscribing thingy showing up. Try
http://premauflage.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

shells said...

For someone only making one resolution, this is probably the best one you could have made :) Think how much better the world would be if everyone made this resolution!